A Suite Pairing at The Jefferson, Washington, D.C.
Inspired by Thomas Jefferson's passions, our deluxe suites feature intricate touches that evoke Jefferson and his love for travel, the written word and nature, just to name a few. We've taken these passions and paired them with many of the wines that we feature throughout the hotel.
When you book one of our specialty deluxe suites at our best available rate, you will be welcomed into your Washington, DC suite with a wine pairing chosen for that room.
Our suite pairings are based on availability. Please note that wines in each suite are subject to change.
Deluxe Suites at The Jefferson, Washington, DC
- The Jefferson Bird Suite is paired with Arise, Red Blend by BlackBird Vineyards
- The Jefferson Canine Suite is paired with Faithful Hound, Red Blend by Molderbosch
- The Jefferson Architecture Suite is paired with La Bastide Saint Dominique, Châteauneuf du Pape
The Châteauneuf du Pape is a dilapidated former castle located in the Vatican City, a region known for its inspirational and historic architecture.
- The Jefferson Classical Antiquity Suite is paired with Androkteinos, Hudson Vineyard,Napa Valley
This wine, which translates to the “slaying of man”, has a label depicting a roman soldier surrounded by books.
- The Jefferson Metropolitan Suite is paired with The Town Crier, Central Coast California
The label of this wine depicts a town crier with his bell,calling his townspeople to meet so town the public can have a vote. The town crier was used to make public announcements in the streets.
- The Jefferson Nature Suite is paired with a 2010 Pinot Noir from Evening Land Vineyards, Willamette Valley.
The Evening Land name derives from the practice of picking grapes in the cool nighttime temperatures.
- The Jefferson Equestrian Suite is paired with Cheval des Andes, Malbec & Cabernet, Mendoza 2007
Cheval means horse in French and this wine is made by the great Château Cheval Blanc or white horse castle.
- The Jefferson Botanical Suite is paired with Perennial Red Blend, Flowers Vineyard &Winery
Perennial is an elegant wine from a winery whose owners are serendipitously named Flowers.
- The Jeffersonian Suite is paired with Hocus Pocus, Syrah, Santa Barbara, California
This wine was selected for Thomas Jefferson’s love of tricks & inventions.
- The Jefferson Astronomy Suite is paired with The Scholium Project, "Marcher Sur La Lune," Bokisch Ranches
The name of this wine translates to “walking on the moon,”and is a reference to one of the winemaker’s favorite books, the TinTin comic,“On a Marché Sur La Lune” or “Explorers on the Moon”.
- The Jefferson Lafayette Suite is paired with Sauvignon Blanc, Merry Edwards Winery, Russian River Valley
The label of this wine depicts celebratory women and the Marquis de Lafayette was known to be a lover of both wine and women.
- The Jefferson Music Suite is paired with Arise, Red Blend by BlackBird Vineyards
This wine label pays homage to the Beatle’s song “Blackbird”.
- The Jefferson Wine Suite is paired with Choêphoroi Chardonnay, Los Olivos Vineyard, Napa Valley
The Choêphoroi are libation bearers. It is the title of a play by Aeschylus, and although the pouring of libations seems joyous, it is actually an arduous task.
- The Jefferson Hunting Suite is paired with Horseshoes and Handgrenades, Red Blend,Mouton Noir Wines, Oregon
Two effective, albeit strange methods for hunting!
- The Jefferson Butterfly Suite is paired with Domaine des Baumard, Close du Papillion Savennières, Lorie, France
Papillion is the French word for butterfly.
- The Jefferson Great Outdoors Suite is paired with Ladera Lone Canyon, Cabernet Sauvignon, Ladera Vineyards, Napa Valley
The region where this wine is from is known for its wide open spaces.
- The Thomas Jefferson Presidential Suite is paired with Ghostwriter,Chardonnay, Napa Valley
Thomas Jefferson was a known lover of books and penned many letters throughout his life.
- The Martha Jefferson Bridal Suite is paired with J. Lasalle, Brute Rosé, Champagne
- The bridal suite is often the place where celebrations at The Jefferson begin and what better beverage to cheers with than champagne!
To learn more about our Suite Pairings, please call one of our reservation agents, 202.448.2300 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Book Your Suite Pairing Today