Welcome to The Jefferson, Washington’s second most prestigious address. Distinguished, sophisticated and discreet, this 96-room luxury boutique hotel exemplifies all that its namesake, Thomas Jefferson, held dear – intricately thought-out design, twenty elegantly appointed suites, the most modern amenities, gastronomic excellence and, of course, exceptional personalized service.
Since its re-opening from a top-to-bottom historic restoration, the hotel has been regularly heralded by leading travel authorities and experts including Travel + Leisure, Condé Nast Traveler and many more. Visitors to The Jefferson enjoy amenities including:
- 96 guestroom and suite accommodations that seamlessly meld sophisticated European ambiance with the residential intimacy of a private home, as well as amenities that are strikingly modern in their technologies and comfort.
- Numerous on-site amenities, including complimentary Wi-Fi, a Monticello-inspired book room, and a fully-equipped fitness center
- Ideal location, just four blocks from the White House and within a short walk of the Smithsonian museums, national monuments and the city’s many embassies.
- Dining options including Plume, the city’s highest Zagat-rated restaurant, and Quill, a craft cocktail destination
- Versatile meeting and private events space, including a private board room, bar and wine cellar
- Elegantly designed petite spa, featuring custom treatment options.
the jefferson, washington, dc 1200 16th St NW Washington, DC, 20036
- Check-In 3:00pm
- Check-Out 12:00pm
- Tel 202.448.2300
- Fax 202.448.2301
- Tel 202-448-2300
- Reserve Online:
email offers from the jefferson
March 1,2012 | Michigan
"Best Hotel in DC"
I have travelled to many cities and stayed in numerous hotels. No hotel that I have been a guest at compares to The Jefferson.read more
Feb 19,2012 | Virginia
"Elegantly Delightful Hotel"
Our recent overnight stay at the Jefferson was delightful. Beautifully appointed hotel. Staff attentive beyond belief.read more
Feb 20,2012 | Virginia
"A DC Gem!"
The Jefferson has a European boutique hotel feel. Our room had beautiful French fabrics and furniture.read more
Dec 14, 2011 I Washington DC
"Intimate & Beautiful"
This is one of my favorite hotels. I've stayed several times and always can't wait to return.read more
Dec 9, 2012 I Delaware
"An Elegant Treat"
The Jefferson is a beautiful hotel in a location which is within walking distance to most attractions in DC.read more
- March 1,2012 | Michigan